Using Geographic Information Software (GIS), surface area maps are generated from survey data to create insect pest forecasts and risk warnings. Techniques used to smooth the transition between zones can affect the values in localized areas and, as such, these maps should be interpreted on a regional level only.
Pest Risk Maps
- Bertha armyworm (Mamestra configurata )
- Cabbage Seedpod Weevil (Ceutorhynchus obstrictus )
- Grasshoppers (Melanoplus sanguinipes )
- Pea leaf weevil (Sitona lineatus )
- Wheat midge (Sitodiplosis mosellana )
- Wheat stem sawfly (Cephus cinctus )