The Canadian Grain Commission is ready to grade grain samples harvested in 2019. Register online to receive a harvest sample kit (by October 15, 2019). Samples are accepted until the end of November but send as soon a harvest is complete.
This is a FREE opportunity for growers to gain unofficial insight into the quality of their grain and to obtain valuable dockage information and details associated with damage or quality issues. The data collected also helps Canada market its grain to the world!
More information on the Harvest Sample Program is available at the Canadian Grain Commission’s website. In exchange for your samples, the CGC assesses and provides the following unofficial results FOR FREE:
• Unofficial grade *
• Dockage assessment on canola
• Protein content on barley, beans, chick peas, lentils, oats, peas and wheat
• Oil, protein and chlorophyll content for canola
• Oil and protein content and iodine value for flaxseed
• Oil and protein for mustard seed and soybeans
• Falling number for wheat
• Vomitoxin (deoxynivalenol or DON) levels for wheat and corn
Many producers find having both grade and quality information on their samples before delivering their grain to be helpful. Sign up for a harvest sample kit before October 15, 2019.